Pages

Friday, October 4, 2013

Monitoring Fitness Levels: RPE

Shout out to a great blog post titled "Heart Rate Monitors Bulletin Board" and  "Using Rate of Perceived Exertion in Elementary PE", that inspired me to make my own anchor chart of the Rate of Perceived Exertion (RPE). 

My students seem to need a better understanding of what warm-up means vs. continuous moderate to vigorous physical activity vs. high-intensity all-out sprints!  I am definitely going to try red and green post-its, having students calculate their heart rates at various times to show resting-heart rate and active heart rate.  Click here for RPE BLM.

Primary/Junior RPE: 
Primary PE: Rate of Perceived Exertion Anchor
 Junior/Intermediate RPE:
Intermediate PE:  RPE 
Going old fashioned!  I made a heart-rate calculator chart (using Grade 7 Maximum heart rate then shaded off 60-80% training zone) to allow students to monitor how hard they are working.


No comments:

Post a Comment